Friday 22 May 2015

"WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS ONCE YOU FINISH UNIVERSITY?"

If I get asked one more time "What are your plans after you graduate? What jobs are you looking at? Are you looking forward to leaving University?" I will not be found guilty shouting in the face of that person! The reality is I don't know what I want to do, and I am most definitely not looking forward to going into the big bad world of work! That sounds like I'm really lazy and I need to grow up, but I think most people in my situation feel the same. 

What I do know (finally) is that I'm off travelling at the end of the year and I am so looking forward to it!! I am off for 4 months in total, with two of my best friends who I have met whilst at Uni. We are off to New Zealand, Australia  Fiji, and not sure on specifics but countries around South East Asia. I think I will do a couple of posts on how we booked it etc over the next few months, and I'm also hoping to blog whilst I'm out there and keep readers, as well as my family up to date with what adventures I get up to. 

I think there is a possibility of too much pressure being put on students to go into a job straight away. For me personally I think this is a perfect time to travel and go on adventures before I do get into a serious job or career. As many of you know I study geography, so I know key parts of it I'm interested in, but I'm glad I've left myself a while before I have to choose what I want to do!

If anyone has any good blogger recommendations, who have travelled around NZ, Australia etc.? As we are starting to plan the actual activities we are going to do, so would love any help! 

No comments:

Post a Comment